About The Coat
Inspired by classic tailoring, the Avid Seamstress have created a coat pattern that not only looks fabulous but also is an easy, enjoyable make – without the time-consuming tailoring. With a slim, chic silhouette, The Coat offers a modern twist on the woman‘s winter coat.
Flattering princess seams feature a clever in-seam pocket, while the modern drop sleeves make for a relaxed yet stylish look.
The Coat sewing pattern is incredibly versatile, working well in a range of fabrics from mid-to-heavy weight coating material to lighter woven fabrics – great for an alternative spring trench-coat.
The three quarter length hem is perfect over dresses or trousers, offering both elegance and warmth on a chilly day.
Other features include a notched collar, 2 button front closure, kick pleat and buggy lining (fully faced).
Pattern sizes - UK 6 - UK 22
Skill level - Intermediate
Medium to heavy weight wool, wool blends, linens, boucle, melton
- Sewing pattern sheet printed on high-quality 60gsm pattern paper (irons/pins beautifully)
- Photographed step-by-step instruction booklet
- Guide to taking accurate measurements
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- All encased in a re-closable envelope
The Coat includes step-by-step photographed instructions. Here are some examples of our sewing pattern instruction books.