Closet Core - Jasika
The Jasika Blazer is a classic tailored jacket with a semi-fitted shape that will never go out of style. With just the right amount of polish and detail, Jasika is a wardrobe workhorse and a mighty skill builder. Our instructions use modern speed tailoring methods, fusible interfacings, and minimal hand sewing to make tailoring fun and accessible for everyone; make a blazer you'll want to wear forever!
This jacket is fully lined and features a classic notched collar, single-button closure, back vent, shoulder pads, welt pockets and gorgeous two-piece sleeves. Optional details include pocket flaps, topstitching, decorative sleeve cuff buttons, and leather or suede elbow patches.
Sewing level: advanced.
Sizing Information: sizes 0-20, see Closet Core's sizing guide here.
For the jacket body: medium to heavyweight suitings or lightweight coatings with surface texture such as wool melton, wool flannel, crepe and tweed. Velvet, medium-heavy weight cotton, seersucker and linen may also be used. Please note: tightly woven, smooth surfaced suitings like wool gabardine are not recommended since they can be difficult to fuse using an iron.
For the lining: rayon bemberg, charmeuse, crepe de chine, silky cottons like voile.
For the pockets: sturdy cotton like shirting, quilting cotton or muslin (0.25m / 1/4 yd).
- Fabric (see yardage chart)
- Fusible weft interfacing (1.5 yd / 1.4m)
- Fusible knit interfacing (1yd / .8m)
- Horsehair canvas (1/4 yd / .25m)
- Polyester thread
- Optional: topstitching thread for collar
- Optional: silk basting thread
- Cotton stay tape 1/4" wide x 2.5 yds / 2.4m
- Shoulder pads - 1/4" - 3/8" thick
- Sleeveheads or lambs wool/cotton batting cut into 2" wide bias strips
- Optional: Leather or suede for elbow patches
- Lapel button: 1 x 3/4" (19mm)
- 1 x clear button
- Optional: Sleeve buttons: 6 x 5/8" (16mm)
- Marking tool / tailor's chalk
- Handsewing needles & thimble
- Tailors ham and seam roll
- Press cloth (cotton or silk organza)
- Pinking shears
- Point presser or wood clapper
- Steam iron