Recently I made the Bebekins Polly Pinafore and decided to use an exposed zipper, rather than a button closure. A few people have been asking how I did it - so here's how.
As someone relatively new to sewing I initially presumed it was a lonely hobby, however I have been pleasantly surprised by the community of sewers that exist - online, friends you didn’t know were a dab hand with a sewing machine and new friends I’ve made through classes, workshops and sewing groups. I love nothing more than chatting through a pattern that you’re both making and sharing ideas and tips. I think keeping things as ‘sewcial’ as possible adds to the fun and enjoyment of the overall sewing process, plus you might learn a few things from each other.